Understanding Linux Load Average - Part 2
In part 1 we performed a series of experiments to explore the relation between CPU utilization and Linux load average. We came to the conclusion that CPU utilization clearly influences the load average. In part 2 we will continue our experiments and take a look if disk I/O also influences the Linux load average.
Disk I/O and load average
The first experiment is starting 2 processes performing disk I/O on an otherwise idle system to measure the amount I/O issued, the load average and CPU utilization using the…
- Sangam 13 – Oracle Users Conference in India
- Tools to aggregate Oracle CRS logfiles in one file, filter it, sort it, and display it.
- Oracle 12c RAC On your laptop By Yury Velikanov
- Restore and Recover Table Using RMAN
- Oracle Database 12c – Released
- MS-Excel Trick
- TNS-12557 TNS-12560 TNS-00527
- Oracle Configuration Manager – Is it installed or configured ?
- Switchover and Failover with TIME Delay
- Data Guard – Concepts
- Oracle Product Licensing – Where to look ?
- Sangam12 – I’m Attending … How about you ?
- Read-only tablespace recovery
- Backup archivelog to disk – An Oldie
- Fix dbms_scheduler jobs after upgrade
- 10205 patchset apply on 2-node RAC
- Get notified by email using mailx
- ORA-600 – arguments: [kjbmprlst:shadow] on 2 Node 10.2.0.4 RAC
- Understanding Linux Load Average - Part 2
- Understanding Linux Load Average - Part 1
- SubhanAllah fb.me/2yULdbMzk 2 days ago
- Oracle Database 12c—Consolidate Databases Without Compromising Security or Recovery Requirements dbta.com/Articles/ReadA… via @dbtrends 2 days ago
- "Keep your evil away from the people and that will be a charitable act from yourself upon yourself". By Mohammed (PBUH) 5 days ago
- RT @CondeBond: Best Practices for Deploying Oracle Solaris Zones with Oracle Database 11g on SPARC SuperCluster lnkd.in/d9bKF9Q 1 week ago
- RT @JLOracle: Confirmation: I'll be in Dubai next Feb to do a couple of days presenting with Oracle University. See: education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-p… 1 week ago
- RT @OracleBlogs: OEM12c Password Change for SYSMAN and Weblogic Administration Accounts ow.ly/2BBzTQ 2 weeks ago
- Sunil:Jiandani lnkd.in/dTYqHCi 2 weeks ago
- fb.me/6vBo0aJ8D 2 weeks ago
- Indeed YES !!! As you sow, so shall you reap (Clean Money Clean Government). Inquilab Zindabad fb.me/1LqUnGn61 3 weeks ago
- Preparing to implement Windows failsafe. Lots of documentation to be uploaded on my blog. 3 weeks ago
- 9,376 hits